Field Service Engineer
We’re looking for a talented Field Service Engineer to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Please note: In this position you’ll be needed to work at weekends. Full details of how this will work will be revealed at interview.
The Field Service Engineer role is field based. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and covering the region, you will be primarily responsible for servicing, repairing, and maintaining plant equipment to the manufactures specifications and to ensure machine reliability and safety.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Successfully diagnosing and rectifying electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and various other faults prior to initiating and completing a repair
– Completing a detailed report of work completed along with supporting photographs and all allocated times via the house Service Manager personal tablet system
– Completing risk assessments in line with company health and safety policy and ensure safe working practices are always in place
– Working closely with the service department and management team
The standard working hours for this position are Monday to Friday 08:00 – 16:30.
The ideal candidate for this Field Service Engineer role will have relevant experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
You’ll also need experience of construction plant, diesel engines, electrics, hydraulics, transmissions, and fault finding using electronic diagnostic equipment.
Plus, it’s vital that you’ve got experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– City and Guild, NVQ level 3 qualifications or equivalent to or greater than
– Good IT skills and good fault-finding skills
– The ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
– Good at time management – have the ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner, whilst not compromising safety
– Able to always present a professional image
– Full driving licence holder as well is able to operate machinery on site for testing purposes (training can be given to the right candidate)
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
You will also need a full driving licence for this role. Please do not apply if you do not have one.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Service Engineer, Field Specialist or as an Operations Engineer.
Basic salary: £15.50 – £18.50 per hour
Overtime: You’ll also have the opportunity to earn overtime in this role
– They are family owned and attribute their success to their company policy of providing world class service through the mindset of “growing our business, by delighting our customers”.
– They have over 40 years’ experience of selling equipment and after sales services
– Their customers benefit from their localised knowledge, and they value every customer from owner operator to national accounts
They’re a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Pride themselves on supporting internal progression, which leads to promotional opportunities and high levels of staff retention
– Are a team of engineers that are the ‘heartbeat of our business’ who pride themselves in the team comradery that they create whilst delivering first class service for our customers
– Have an in-house trainer dedicated to training and developing our team of engineers
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Field Service Engineer role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.Don’t see what you’re looking for? Register your details and one of our consultants will be in touch.