Children’s Care Home Manager
Job Title: Children’s Care Home Manager
Salary: Up to £48,000 per annum
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00
- Personal Development Plan with career progression
- Free training
- Company events
- Free parking
- Employee of the month
- £2000 bonus following successful registration
About the employer:
An established children’s service provider is seeking an experienced Registered Manager to oversee a new four-bed children’s home in Chippenham that will cater to children with emotional and behavioural needs and LD. The provider is looking for a forward-thinking leader with a passion for excellence and a proven track record of success in the children’s residential home sector. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape a brand-new service and be pivotal in its success.
About the role:
Having a great Registered Care Home Manager is important when caring for children with complex needs. This person is responsible for making sure that each child gets the best care possible and has much experience in managing and leading people in the care sector. They also really understand what these children need, making them the perfect person to oversee everything and ensure everything goes smoothly.
Type of person required:
To be the perfect fit for this role, you should have a history of successfully managing the care sector and have a good understanding of the needs of children with complex requirements. It’s essential that you possess excellent people skills, as you will be working with a diverse group of individuals, including children, families, staff, and external organisations. Lastly, you should be able to handle work-related stress and meet deadlines without any issues.
- Ensure that the home meets all relevant regulations and standards.
- Represent the home to the wider community.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the care home, ensuring that all staff provide high-quality care to the children.
- Develop and implement care plans for each child in collaboration with their families and carers.
- Manage the staff team, ensuring they are trained and supported to deliver high-quality care.
- Monitor the financial performance of the care home, ensuring that it is financially sustainable.
- Liaise with external agencies, such as the local authority.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a position relevant to children’s residential care.
- At least one year of supervising and managing staff within a children’s residential or similar setting.
- Recent experience working either as a Registered Manager or a Children’s Home Deputy Manager.
- NVQ Level 3 In Children and Young Peoples workforce – Essential.
- LEVEL 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England) or working towards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage conflict and difficult situations.
- Commitment to providing high-quality care.
Interested? If this Registered Care Home Manager role looks of interest, please call 24-7 staffing at 01249 447247 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV
Ref – MBPR36mDon’t see what you’re looking for? Register your details and one of our consultants will be in touch.