Refuge Worker – Out of Hours
Position: Refuge Worker – Out of Hours
Type of Role: (Permanent)
- 30 Hours.
- Out of hours is 5 pm until 9 am
- Shift times vary across week days and weekends
- Must be flexible
Pay: £12.89 – £14.33
- Wellbeing Days
- Generous Sickness Policy
- Free Parking
- Employee Support Program
- Comprehensive training program
Responsible to: Refuge Team Leader
About the employer:
Our client empowers and supports victims of domestic abuse, providing flexible and accessible services to promote positive change. They also inform policy and raise awareness to protect and keep victims safe.
About the job:
The Out of Hours Support Worker provides emergency accommodation during evenings, weekends, and bank holidays, with practical housing and administrative duties, referrals via a 24-hour helpline, and ensuring building security. The worker is part of a roster, available to victims and professionals outside regular hours. Duties include carrying out various tasks between 5 pm – 11 pm, sleeping at the Refuge between 11 pm – 7 am while remaining available to answer the helpline, and undertaking morning procedures between 7 am – 9 am.
- Provide the first point of contact for residents and answer 24-hour helpline.
- Welcome new residents, complete admission paperwork, and provide a tour of the Refuge.
- Respond to housing management enquiries, refer to support staff as required, and complete written records.
- Monitor access to Refuge and CCTV system and take appropriate action as required.
- Carry out general administration duties, uphold confidentiality policy, and partner with other professionals.
- Be a positive ambassador for the Refuge, attend training courses, and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Good level of numeracy, literacy and writing skills
- IT skills, in particular Office, Data entry
- Working in a support housing environment would be advantageous.
- Working with individuals in crisis
- Working with confidentiality and adhering to professional boundaries
- Experience of lone working
Key skills, knowledge and abilities required:
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to build supportive relationships while maintaining professional boundaries
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and make sound decisions
• Strong interpersonal skills with conflict management abilities
• Experience with basic administrative and case management systems
• Knowledge of domestic abuse and its impacts on women and children
• Understanding of Safeguarding principles for both children and adults
• Committed to promoting Equal Opportunities
• Awareness of confidentiality and GDPR regulations.
Interested? If this Refuge Worker-Out of Hours role looks interesting, please click apply or call 24-7 staffing at 01249 447247 for more information or email email@example.com
Ref – MBPR82Don’t see what you’re looking for? Register your details and one of our consultants will be in touch.